7.11.2011

happenings

a string has completely threw me off-kilter.
yes, a string.

it is blue and goes by the name of cat5e.
it is my ethernet cord.

i realize that wireless is where it is at these days.
and i would have jumped on the bandwagon months ago.
but apparently, it is not good enough for unsaid family members.

alas, my ethernet cord has stopped working.
for no good reason at all.
it does not seem to matter how much i beg and plead with my macbook.

it refuses to listen.

gone are the lazy nights in bed
with my macbook
spewing out witty comments
and introducing my most beloved must-haves to you.

here is what has gone down:

1. i have donated my crab apple tree to fruit for thought.
for those of you in the regina area with fruit trees
and no desire to actually do anything with the harvest
you must donate your tree!

you can even reap some harvest
or choose to donate it all to charity
and the fruit pickers.

2. i have undergone any measures necessary to save all food in my house.
as of late, i hate wasting. it seems so pointless.
evidently, this means odd concoctions.

lastnight:

ginger dressing with toasted sesame seeds
3 avocados
romaine lettuce
yellow pepper
red pepper
onion
cabbage

it worked, though.

3. killing potato beetles.
these buggers are ruthless.
and disgusting.
and are trying to ruin my perfectly bloomed potatoes.
will not happen, beetles. will not happen.

4. avoiding starbucks.
as much as i enjoy an iced soy chai latte,
i need to cut it before the addiction takes control of my life.

5. pondering employment
should i stay...
should i go...
where do i go?

waitress? i fear that would be a disaster
retail? ugh. don't make me.
any other kind of job where i must speak to people on a daily basis? please no.

i have a sneaking suspicion that i am stuck here.

also really wanting:

chocolate filled raspberries.

still needing:



sweet little thing spotted here

No comments:

Post a Comment