12.18.2012

grateful and, yet,

a degree.

a piece of paper that claims i know something.
i am sure i do.
but what?

to hell with it.

i refused to go to my conovcation
and i refused to buy a frame and place this paper on my wall.
what for?

it would be an outright lie to say that i didn't work hard
countless sleepless nights
edits after edits after edits
that one break down over the bhagavad gita.

it would be a fib to say i am not proud.
i am.
but i am not sure what this paper really means.
for other peers, this paper is responsible for carving out their paths
for me, it is simply a tree that should have stayed a tree.

it does not define me.
it does not decide what my future will be.

i do.

and while this little paper might have some weight in what potentials rest in my future,
it is nothing without me. it seizes to exist without me.


people approach me with nothing but excitement

you are done now, right?!

yup....i suppose i am.

so, now what?

silence.


between follow your dreams and grow up already,
i rest.
i close my eyes, put my feet up and rest.

i think about four years ago,
running on love and sporadic dreams

let's go.
let's hit the road to mexico, buy a goat and never look back.

and he would say

i'll go anywhere as long as you are there



No comments:

Post a Comment