3.21.2010

alone

i am doing research on
natural cures for endometroisis
and this woman (who has endo)
writes poetry to help her cope
which i thought was really interesting
so i wanted to share one of her poems:

Alone
I want to cry, but my tears have all dried,
so I laugh an empty laugh,
Drowned in self-pity, I must live on.

Motivation nothing here,
but a glimmer of light calls to me hang on,
The pieces come together one at a time,
as I learn, I see the world with an open mind.

Now I know that I am alone,
I feel blinded and lead by the unknown.

I stare into the looking glass,
and gaze upon my own reflection,
I see a teenage girl,
no different from the rest,
just one dark secret,
or plague I guess,

I know that I could live and learn alone
but as the saying goes, "the more, the merrier"

To close myself in was wrong,
So I must live on.

- Angela Hankins Sachs, Endometroisis: Lighting the Path

No comments:

Post a Comment