2.13.2012

savouring

i have come to appreciate many things in my time.

and, especially, these past couple months
due to my hectic schedule.

i have to appreciate these things while i can.
things like a cats purr
a warm cup of tea
a (non-french) book
music
my running shoes
the sunlight
fresh air
and my yoga practice.

i have been savouring my yoga time lately.
probably because i spend most of my days sitting around listening, studying, or writing
so when i finally get to move, it is a beautiful thing.

i make my down dogs extra wide
so i can feel my spine and calves stretch.

i focus on areas of tightness in my body
and send my inhales to those area
and push out the tension with my exhales.

i find my physical limits.
i spend all day finding my mental limits
and believe moi, i find them.

so, really, there is nothing better than finding a little spot of sunlight
unrolling my mat
and sweating and stretching away some stress.

however.
if i could mix a kitty in to the mix, i would be content:

No comments:

Post a Comment