1.02.2012

to the year of greatness

i have not made new years resolutions.

you may peg me as a pessimist.
but you would be wrong.

i am just trying to avoid the burnout that usually accompanies my huge list of things i need to accomplish.

instead,
i have created three simple rules:

one
survive.
in approximately 3 weeks, i will be thick into french.
struggling, struggling, to defeat my vernacular
that makes me sound like belligerent spanish cow
attempting to speak french.

and, i must survive without taking up a coffee addiction.
wine and cheese are acceptable.

two.
push the limits of my yoga practice.
it will go something like this

hi foot! you are going behind my head.
hi other foot! you are now joining foot one behind my head.
be nice to each other, we will be here for five verrryyy long breaths.

three.
and, lastly, have more fun.
i will have 2.5 jobs this semester (yes, it is possible to have a half job)
and will be in desperate need of fun.

cheers to twenty twelve!
may we all love, laugh and prosper in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment