5.08.2010

pro-choice = pro-abortion?



i love this ellen page interview
(and i love ellen in general)
but i dig that she attacked this subject
and told it like it is

How did you feel about the controversy aroused by your role in Juno?

I was like, you know what? You all need to calm down. People are so black and white about this. Because she kept the baby everybody said the film was against abortion. But if she'd had an abortion everybody would have been like, "Oh my God". I am a feminist and I am totally pro-choice, but what's funny is when you say that people assume that you are pro-abortion. I don't love abortion but I want women to be able to choose and I don't want white dudes in an office being able to make laws on things like this. I mean what are we going to do – go back to clothes hangers?


pro-choice (for me) does not equal pro-abortion

abortion is a choice.
and giving life is a choice.
and adoption is a choice.
and the list goes on.

let us remember this next time someone argues that
pro-choicers are ruthless and insane.
thanks ellen page.
you rock.

read the rest of her interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment