4.22.2012

unread pages

there are some chapters in my life that i cannot share.

i have yet to decide if it is because i sincerely do not want to
or because i know the depths of my open wounds
and i cannot risk any salt.

either way.

there are some pages that are to remain untouched.
they are sacred.

if you must know something,
then you can know only this


i hold her hand
close my eyes
and listen to her steady breathing
i feel the back of my hand grow moist
as she exhales onto my skin

i rest my head against her
and i say the only prayer i know.
the only prayer that i turn to when i need peace.

shanti shanti shanti
peace peace peace

i say it over and over and over again.
i say it with such focus, such intention, such force
and i hope, with all i have left in me, that it will fulfill it's promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment