12.30.2009

the mind-body problem

my first official blog on my new location. whew.
i am happy that it is about this book.
the mind-body problem by Katha Pollitt
i hope you are too.

i know poetry can be hard on the head.
but oy.
it is great for the heart.
so i suggest you pick up a fantastic piece of poetry
curl up in a blankie with some tea/soup/cookies
and try not to think too hard
just let it flow
and soon you will get it
or maybe you never will
and thats cool too

here is my fav piece:
"When I think of my youth I feel sorry not for myself
but for my body; It was so direct
and simple, so rational in its desires,
wanting to be touched the way an otter
loves water, the way a giraffe
wants to amble the edge of the forest, nuzzling
the tender leaves at the tops of the trees."
Pollit, 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment